Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Waiting for Travel Approval

I am thrilled to share that our Article 5 (don't ask me what that actually is but apparently it's important) was picked up today, which means we are now waiting for China to issue Travel Approval!  The last approval we need before we can make travel plans!  I could be heading to China in a month!

As the time gets closer, I find I am getting more and more excited to meet Kellin, but more and more sad for all those children who are not coming home.  As we've gone through this process, I have learned so much about the adoption process and about the waiting children in this world.  Adoption is frustrating, overwhelming, emotional, and expensive, but it is not impossible.  I have read many accounts of adoptive parents who describe adoption as the hardest thing they have ever done - and the most rewarding.  And many, many adoptive parents (perhaps even most of them) return to adopt more children after seeing firsthand the orphanages and the conditions these children live in.

This little boy is four years old, soon to turn five.  He is just a little boy.  And yet, because he is blind, and because he is a boy (not a girl), and because he is an "older child," it is unlikely that a family will choose him for adoption.  He is special to me, and I know there must be a family out there for him.  If anyone is considering adoption, or knows anyone considering adoption, please consider him?

new jesse   jesse on tricycle

http://reecesrainbow.org/59002/jesse



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will put it up on the blog as soon as I review it for appropriateness.

Contributors