Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Seed Is Only the Beginning

A the beginning of the summer our pastor handed out sunflower seeds to each of our children during a sermon.  The message was about how amazing things start so small.  Traditionally I think an acorn is used in the parable, but our pastor is wise and realized children don't have the patience to wait for an oak.

As two of the sunflowers are now taller than me (one didn't get enough sun) it got me reflecting on the message.  And yes, amazing things do start small.  But I think part of that message is missing.  Not everything that is the sunflower came from the seed.  Only the idea of the sunflower comes from the seed.  The rest comes from the soil, the rain, the sunlight.

This got me reflecting further.  The idea to bring Kellin home was a small thing.  And reach its fruition we need a lot of help.  And just like a seed does not get all its help from just one place, neither have we.  All the diverse help we have received, big and small, all go into making that one big accomplishment getting Kellin home!

From there, we can consider him an acorn, and wait patiently for the mighty oak that he will someday become!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will put it up on the blog as soon as I review it for appropriateness.

Contributors