Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day!

I just woke up from the most amazing dream, and very appropriate for Father's Day.  Kellin came home!  Being a dream, of course, some important details were left out; like how he got here.  Also being a dream, it probably wasn't a realistic picture of what the first few days of having him home will be like.  But it was fun nonetheless.

After many years, I won't remember whose hand
 I am holding, and it won't matter.  I love them all.
In the dream he was walking (which probably won't be the case at first).  I took him around and together we explored the house.  He also played with his brothers.  We had a meal and I remember being concerned because it didn't seem like he ate very much.  We also went to a few different places.  I remember being at my work, and at a beach.

I guess as I sit to write down the details of the dream, a lot of them are fading away, and not fitting into a coherent picture.  The one thing I will not forget is the sense of happiness I had throughout.

I do love being a dad.  It is the most important part of who I am and what I do.  I feel that above all else it is my purpose.  Like a dream, there are a lot of events that will fade from memory with time.  The joy of seeing each of my children for the first time is not one of them.  The pride I feel as they learn new skills and accomplish their goals.  The love I feel through moments as simple as one wanting to sit down and read a book with me.

I am many things, but above all, I am a father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will put it up on the blog as soon as I review it for appropriateness.

Contributors