Thursday, June 12, 2014

Missing Our Son on the Other Side of the World

The deeper into the adoption process we get and the more we think of Kellin and plan for him to join our family, the more he is becoming our son in our hearts.  But having a son on the other side of the world is HARD.  I have had to realize that there is nothing, NOTHING I can do for him right now in a physical, tangible sense.  I can't hold him or hug him.  I can't fix him a snack.  I can't change his diaper.  I can't comfort him when he is hurt or upset.  I can't talk to him.  In fact, he doesn't even know that we exist.  He doesn't know he has a mommy, daddy, two brothers, and a sister that all love him very much.  Yes, we are working on paperwork and fundraising as fast as we can, but there are moments when all I want to do is hold him.  I especially find myself thinking of Kellin when I hold our youngest son, knowing that the two of them will be practically twins in age (Kellin is two months older), although Kellin only weighs half of what our youngest son weighs, and is about five inches shorter.

We are very fortunate to have the support of a huge network of family, friends, and church family.  We are blown away by the prayers, donations, and well-wishes we have received.  We wouldn't be able to make it through all of this without everyone's support.  And the toughest part is ahead.  We've only been working on this adoption for two months.  We probably have at least seven more months to go.  Right now, it looks endless.  Please continue to keep us all in your prayers, and especially pray that Kellin will remain safe and healthy (physically and emotionally) until we can get there.

In response to many questions about Kellin's name - Kellin is NOT our son's real name.  Kellin is his "public" name, assigned to him randomly as a name to be used online and for advocacy.  We do know his Chinese name but are not able to share it right now.  We are working on choosing a new name for our son and will share that with others at some point.

Planning a garage sale fundraiser for August!  Looking for donations of items to sell!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will put it up on the blog as soon as I review it for appropriateness.

Contributors