Monday, June 16, 2014

Storm Damage

The last thing you want when you are saving money for something that is really, really important.  An unexpected expense.  This evening while we were eating supper there was a bang and the sound of broken glass as we were heading downstairs to take shelter from the storm.  After the tornado warning was up, I came upstairs to survey the damage.  A busted skylight from a fallen limb.

Remembering to always look on the bright side of life I am focusing on what is really important.  First and foremost, everyone is ok!  I know unfortunately not everyone gets to come away from a storm able to say that.  Also, life has been filled with plenty of good unexpected events as well.  We have had individuals unexpectedly step up to help us in enormous ways.  We just received a few sizable donations that we were not expecting, one of which is not on the total yet because we are waiting for the check to be received by Reece's Rainbow.  We got our appointments to be fingerprinted for the USCIS that I wasn't expecting quite so soon.

And of course, every day I get the unexpected moments with my family and friends that make life so much fun. And as always, just can't wait for Kellin to be home to share in it with us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will put it up on the blog as soon as I review it for appropriateness.

Contributors