Thursday, August 21, 2014

Mommy Moment and Birthday Wishes

A couple nights ago, I woke up to the sound of my six-year-old son crying in the bathroom.  I went to see what was wrong and discovered that he had woken up with that horrible heavy breathing, barky cough, croupy thing that makes it painful to breathe and cough (parents, you all know what I mean, right?).  So I turned on the shower and filled the bathroom with steam, and then he and I sat together on the floor breathing steam until his tears were gone and his breathing was easier.  He looked up at me and said, "I love you, Mommy."  Awww.  This was a mommy moment.  :)  But after I got him tucked back into bed (on the floor of our bedroom, since he still wasn't feeling great), all I could feel was sadness for Kellin.  Sadness that he probably doesn't have anyone to comfort him when he wakes up sick or scared, no one to hold him until he feels better.  And sadness for myself, that I can't do those things for him.  I can't wait to have those "mommy moments" with my new son!

Our precious Kellin turns three years old on August 29th.  Hopefully it will be his last birthday without a family!  Although we can't celebrate with him this year, we still want to celebrate him.  In honor of his birthday, we are asking if you would be willing to donate $3 (or more) to our adoption account.  Just follow the link at the top of our blog, or mail a check to RR (indicate on the check that it is for us).  Anyone who donates at least $3 - I will mail you one of these origami swans or cranes, made for us by a friend at church.  We have many of them in all different colors, so let me know your preference if you have one. Please comment below or send me a message on Facebook to let me know that you have donated so I can send you one.  Thanks!!

Origami crane

Origami swan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will put it up on the blog as soon as I review it for appropriateness.

Contributors