Saturday, August 30, 2014

Happy and Sad

We celebrated Kellin's birthday yesterday with a birthday supper and cake with a "3" candle on it.  We sang happy birthday.  I was happy - happy to celebrate Kellin's birth and his survival through orphanages and foster care over the past three years.  But through it all, I was sad too.  Sad that we were celebrating in comfort, with good food and cake, and Kellin was likely sitting in his crib.  Alone.  With no idea that it was his birthday.  And no idea that he has a family who loves him very, very much.  I was close to tears more than once yesterday.  Next year on August 29th, what a celebration it will be!

On a happier note, we learned yesterday that our dossier has been translated and is being reviewed.  One tiny step closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will put it up on the blog as soon as I review it for appropriateness.

Contributors