Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Journey has begun!

Kathleen's absence was felt most strongly for
me tonight as I set the table for dinner.
Kathleen and her father are off!  They are somewhere over the arctic as I write this. It was a tearful goodbye yesterday as we dropped Kathleen off at the hotel so she could be ready to go for her 6:30am flight.  Rabbit and Tigger cried a lot anyway.  The scale of her absence has not sunk in with Pooh, who asked me this morning, "Will Mommy be home soon?"

We are having blizzards here in Minnesota. School at my district was cancelled, so I stayed home with Pooh.  Rabbit and Tigger were at school most of the day before their school called it early.  Pooh and I started on a project to surprise Mommy with when she comes home.  I'm guessing we will have all too much time for such projects.  Kathleen managed to get out of town ahead of the blizzard.  Unfortunately, due to mechanical problems with their plane, they were in Detroit an extra 2 hours, much of that in the plane on the tarmac.  I feel sorry for all of those people, what a way to start a 13 hour flight!

I've added all our expenses thus far.  We are up to about $33,600.  I am sure that there are still some expenses to come that are adoption related in some way.  But to the best of my figuring, this is what we will end up with as the price of bringing Kellin home.  I'm sure there will be many posts to come over the next few days, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for safe travel and a joyful homecoming! We are so excited for your family. Hang in there Eric, you are a great dad and will do wonderfully on your own for this short period of time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I will put it up on the blog as soon as I review it for appropriateness.

Contributors