Thursday, January 21, 2016

One Year Ago . . . January 20th

This morning, Kellin and I were sitting on the couch by the window so he could stare outside. The housekeeping staff came in to clean, and when they started up the vacuum, Kellin startled and tried to climb into my lap! I was so touched by the fact that he wanted me to comfort him when he was scared! Baby steps of progress.

The plan was to go shopping with our guide today. When our guide arrived at the hotel, she told us that she had been sick the day before and had been at the hospital the previous evening. She asked if we would mind shopping on our own. Of course we didn't mind, so she and the driver dropped us off and made plans for the driver to return a couple hours later.

I don't remember what this shopping area was called, but it was a long street with numerous shops on both sides of the street, and it was a lot of fun looking at the shops, the people, and the statues along the street. The stroller was again a life-saver for us, since Kellin was pretty content to be pushed along.



As we were waiting for our driver to return, we did some people-watching and took this picture. Sights like this were common in China, but still amazing to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will put it up on the blog as soon as I review it for appropriateness.

Contributors