Sunday, January 24, 2016

One Year Ago . . . January 24th

After an all-too-short night's sleep, we packed up and headed out to the hotel lobby to wait for the shuttle back to the airport.

Trying to rest even though Kellin wouldn't sleep
Waiting in the hotel lobby for the shuttle. Kellin had been crying loudly for quite a while before this picture.
Getting through security was its usual stressful experience, trying to juggle Kellin with the coats and bags, and keep him from disrupting everyone else with his crying. But we made it on the plane, took off on time, and headed home!

My family was waiting near baggage claim for us. My dad stepped aside to let me approach them first. They didn't see me coming until I was practically right in front of them - and then we were together! I was groggy and jet-lagged, and the experience felt surreal. One thing I remember - I had been carrying Kellin around (19 lbs) for a couple weeks by now, and when I went to pick up Pooh (same age), I could barely lift him. I had totally forgotten how heavy he was in comparison.

It had been a LONG, emotional trip - but we were together! Happy Family Day, Kellin!















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. I will put it up on the blog as soon as I review it for appropriateness.

Contributors